A bunch of things I’ve learned about life from our pets
2. From Goldie, my cockatiel, very crabby after laying fourteen eggs in a week: Sometimes being a female sucks.
4. From my peach-faced lovebirds Bone Crusher and Scarface: Separate cages are often better for a relationship.
5. From Scooter the Wonder Cat: When you’re really good looking, you can do anything you want.
6. From Dream, the black cocker: When someone is crying, climb into her lap and lick her face.
8. From Bridgette, our Irish setter: If you can reach it, you can eat it. (I’ve since had to unlearn this.)