Today my marvelous sister-in-law, Diane Perrine Coon, shares remedies for Holiday Blues.
When you’re sick over the holidays and still trying to cook meals and your head’s all stuffed up and you really don’t plan to make it to midnight and celebrate the New Year because all you are doing is coughing up mucus, then you have the Holiday Blues.
Here are my suggestions of how to ward off the Holiday Blues.
- Share your misery with the first person on your phone callback button, especially if they are trying to sell you something.
- Wander in and out of the bathroom looking for something, anything, everything because you can’t remember what it was you thought you needed.
- Watch college basketball and if it gets too much, watch NBA basketball. Do not watch football, there are too many players on the field and you will get mixed up.
- Wrap up in a sweater, a coverlet, and a quilt over the top off all and then wonder why you feel hot when you don’t have a fever.
- Drink fluids – soft drinks, tea, coffee, ice water, fruit juices – and stay real close to the bathroom.
- Make the dog go outside by himself. If the dog police come get you, hand them the leash.
- Read lots of recipes. Think how long it will take to prepare them, and then discard all of them. But the bright photos showing fabulous meals will brighten up the room.
- Play computer games, many of them. Mindless almost fun even when sneezing all over the keyboard.
- Send your soul-mate to the liquor store to get Plum Wine. It cures everything and especially the Holiday Blues. Guarantee it.
- Think back to the last time you had a great holiday. Was that twenty years ago?
Get well all of you out there with Holiday Blues.